Tuesday, November 3, 2015

New Lipstick Purchases

Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick 107 Wine Review


Hello!

I have recently aquired not one but three new lipsticks!  One of these was given to me by my Mum and too were purchases, although I did buy them in the sale which always makes me feel better haha.  Both lipsticks were less than 5 euros so I think I got a pretty good deal there.  The two lipsticks I bought were the Manhattan All In One lipstick in Tender Tulip, shade number 420, and the Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in Wine, shade number 107.
Estee Lauder Pure Colour Review

I had been looking at the Manhattan lipsticks for a while, thinking that they seemed good quality for the price having swatched them on my hand.  I hadn't made a purchase however because I couldn't justify buying a new lipstick or pick a favourite shade so when I saw them on sale it seemed a good time to get one.  I went for Tender Tulip because it seemed like a nice everyday shade.  I wouldn't call it neutral, it's maybe a shade or two brighter than a natural lip colour but I wouldn't call it bold so I feel like I could wear it with any make-up look, dressed up or down.  It's like a neutral soft corally pink.  I think the formula is lovely, it's creamy which makes it really comfortable to wear on the lips.  The pigmentation is also high and I think this is a really great product for the price, even the non-sale price.

The lipstick that my Mum gave me was the Pure Colour lipstick by Estee Lauder in the shade Cream Tea.  This lipstick was a free gift with purchase and the shade is something I would never usually go for.    It's a nude that's quite brown with a hint of pink in it.  It's quite a dark nude for me but I thought I would give it a go and see if I can make the look work for me.  I find that duller or more brown toned nudes can make me look a bit drained so maybe it will work well with lots of blush!  The formula is nice and creamy though and the pigment is very good.

The Kate Matte Lipstick I had seen on a number of blogs and it really did look like the perfect autumn berry shade.  It was also on sale and I had been looking out for this with the view to maybe purchase so I snapped it up.  I only have one other really dark lipstick in my collection so felt that I could use another addition.  I haven't worn this as much as the Manhattan one as it isn't a colour I would wear every day but on the couple of occasions I have worn this I have been in love with the shade.  As I'm quite pale I feel like I have to up the anti on the rest of my make-up to get away with it so it's definitely something I would be more likely to wear on a night out than during the day.  I love having a more grown up glamorous shade of lipstick in my collection as I mostly own pinks. The formula is more matte than the Manhattan or Estee Lauder ones so not as comfortable to wear but still not terribly drying in that it would put me off wearing it.  Pigmentation is good, and the smell is a bit strange but I actually really like it!

I have a couple more new lipsticks to show you too in another post, my collection is getting a bit out of control!

Till next time :)



1 comment:

  1. I really like the kate moss colour, definately the perfect autumn colour! I need to find some lipsticks for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete